lauantai 5. maaliskuuta 2016

Off to Kyoto!

We woke up early! Today we were heading to Kyoto!


I wanted to visit there because it's kinda the capital of Japanese history, and Geisha culture. I’ve always been very fond of every kinds of arts and histories, so one would easily guess I’d like that city. And anyone who did was absolutely right. I had only been here an hour when I first decided I loved this city.

We took a Shinkansen bullet-train from Tokyo to Kyoto. On our way we saw Fuji-san, and many other beautiful landscapes. I slept most of the time again, but luckily I didn’t miss the breath-taking sight of the famous Fuji!



Arriving to Kyoto I craved tea, as I always do right when I wake up. It was the first time I used a Japanese vending maschine, but it was as easy as it was in Finland! I picked a small bottle of Royal Milk tea, and to my surprising, it was warm! Maybe hot even! It was amazing! The tea was delicious too, though I generally don’t like any milk in my tea, - but now it was perfect!

Our hotel’s check  in hadn’t started yet, so we had an hour to wander around. We took our course to this museum-area, that was really beautiful! The buildings were really old, and I could almost sense it all there! I also bought a late Xmas gift to my other dear friend.. Better be late than never, right? I was proud of myself since I managed in the store without speaking a word in English! My Japanese is getting better bit by bit.

We walked back to our hotel, only to check in. We soon left to the Fushimi Inari Shrine area, which had been The Japan’s most popular tourist attraction two years in a row. And I don’t even wonder why! The place was breath-taking! All those Torii-gates, old graves and shrines.. I even went and prayed a few times, maybe I’ll be lucky this year haha!



There were also these Mongolian men who asked to take a picture with me. I still have no idea why, (is it because I’m blond??) but I said yes. Before taking the picture, the other one said to me: ”You’re so beautiful, you must be carrying the whole grace of this place.” It made me so happy!

My feet ached when we got out from there, but I still wanted to go see the Okiya-area, where we may have the chance to see a Geisha if we are lucky. We saw one Maiko, but otherwise everyone who wore a kimono were just celebrating Hinamatsuri.

Right! Today, (03.03.-) Japanese celebrate Hinamatsuri, which is about celebrating girls and their growth. That’s also why the hotel’s staff gave us candy when we checked in!




There was also a poster-advert on the wall, telling about Lichi Hikari Club street show. Sadly it would be on 13.03., and I’m not even in Japan anymore then. It’s one of my few favorite mangas ;;

I needed some tea again when we got back to the hotel, though I got some pretty good black tea near the Okiya. I also got a hot bath, and treated myself snacking with those candies and drinking the tea while bathing. It was so relaxing!

Now I’m quite tired, but I’ll hope to see you tomorrow!
~Zou

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti